Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ugly silver band (P.s mesh ana ely katbaha bas I liked it alot:D)

I saw U walking across the street the other day
I saw you but you didn't see me
I laughed a little, you're still wearing that old coat I kept telling you to get rid of
But seeing you kicked up dust in my mind
A torrent of memories swirling, swirling in my spirit
I recall the night we were sitting on the docks talking
The moon was shimmering on the water
You got on one knee and put a thin silver band on my hand
It was so plain and ugly I thought to myself
But it was all you could afford
Even that took three months of overtime for you to pay off
But you wanted a symbol of your love for me on my hand
It meant everything to you to see it there every day
You told me life with you would not be easy
You didn't lie, you never did
But your love for me was rich, pure, honest, and danced in the sun
I was a princess of love
But my love was a spoiled, demanding and selfish princess
And so blind it would not come out into the sun with yours
One terrible day I woke up and your side of the bed was cold
That ugly silver band you worked so hard to give me was missing from the table top
A lot has changed since those days
Remember the beautiful house on the hill, the one across from the river?
I live there now
Remember how I cried because I couldn't have that kitten? We couldn't afford the vet
I am taking equestrian lessons now because I have a stable
People admire me now and want to be seen with me
I am proud of my accomplishments
I am rich, and I have all the things people dream of
But my love is destitute
Stripped to the waistThe princess banished from the warmth and protection of the castle
She lives in the cold streets
Shivering, starving
So I sit here in my gardenHumming birds buzzing around Roses dangle down from the trestle
I stare at my feet
A lady bug walking across my toes
I'm thinking to myselfI would give it all up…
Yes…
I would…
I truly would…
For a single…
Thin…
Silver band

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.